Western Australia’s lithium deposits are making a significant impact on the growth of the Australian mining industry.
Since last year, production has commenced at three further mines in Western Australia: Mount Cattlin (Galaxy Resources), Mount Marion (Mineral Resources) and Wodgina (also Mineral Resources).
“Global battery markets have entered a period of extremely rapid growth in recent years, and the implications for Australia are potentially highly significant. This is partly due to the potential of battery technology itself, and its capacity to revolutionise clean energy, vehicles, and consumer products. However, battery growth also creates unique opportunities for producers of key commodities, notably lithium, graphite and cobalt.
Australia has major deposits of some of these, and is well placed to capitalise on the opportunities that increased battery demand is creating. ”
Source: Australia Department of Industry
Join us on a mining mission to Western Australia
Canadian Mining Suppliers™ is bringing 12 Canadian companies on a Asia Pacific Extractives Mission to visit Mongolia, Indonesia, and Australia to meet business partners and mining buyers.
- Access the Mongolia, Indonesia, and Australia mining industries
- Meet the senior managers at their offices from major mining projects in each country
- Meet qualified Agents and Distributors in B2B programs
- Engage with industry experts and senior mining stakeholders in each country
- Flights, Hotels, and Transportation are all booked at discounted group rates
We hope you can join!